Tony,

I'm in the same boat.  I bought Don Denoncourt's, "Java Application
Strategies for iSeries & AS/400" for $10 on sale at mcpressonline.com.  It
has a lot of detail and explanation of how RPG relates to Java.  I think it
gave me too much information and I started to get bored reading the book.
I think I'm going to use it as a Java reference book.

I bought Mike Mcgrath's, "JAVA in easy steps" for $9.95 at Barnes & Noble.
I haven't once been bored reading the book.  It's been great at teaching me
how to program in Java.  I figure once I learn the basics of JAVA then I
can refer to relevant chapters in Don Denoncourt's book to teach me how to
connect to the iSeries and integrate RPGIV programs with JAVA programs or
add/update/delete DB2 data files.

With Don & Mike's books, I believe I'm off to a good start.  If you run
across any good books, let me know what you think of them.

Thanks,

Frank

Tony Carolla <carolla@xxxxxxxxx>@midrange.com on 12/28/2004 04:01:53 PM

Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
       <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by:    rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx