From: rob@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 9:29 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: SAVF info to Physical

Steve,

Maybe they've got some obscure SOX requirement that says not only do we
want our ftp exit point to log all files sent/received from our iSeries,
but we want it to log the contents of the save file also.  Doing it at
that time might be a requirement.  Of course, our users would figure out
how to CPYF to QTEMP/MYFILE prior to saving it in a save file - they're
clever.  Like when we only allowed them to download one particular file to
their PC.  They figured out real quick how to use that as their output
file for their queries.

Bryan,
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/info/apis/qsrls
avf.htm

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Steve Landess" <sjl_abc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/16/2004 11:00 AM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
bryan.merrell@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: SAVF info to Physical

> Bryan Merrell" wrote:
> Subject: RE: SAVF info to Physical
> We are creating a logging mechanism for all save files being FTP'd.
We need to create a directory of what is in each save file going out.
> Sorry that wasn't clear.

Bryan -
Why don't you capture this information when the SAV*
command is run?  IMO, It would be much easier,
since the SAV* commands allow you to specify an
outfile in which to put a list of objects saved.

Example:
SAVOBJ OBJ(*ALL) LIB(SJL001) DEV(*SAVF)
SAVF(QTEMP/TEMP) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
OUTFILE(QTEMP/OBJLST) OUTMBR(*FIRST *ADD)

This way you don't have muck around with writing a program
using API's to retrieve information from the save files.

Regards,
Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935