From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 9:13 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Prototype Calls

Ahem,
Writing a new program where I'm using QCMDEXC and I prototyped the call :)
 First time I've used this, and I have to say.  Very KOOL.  No more coding
Exsr over and over lol.  Be gentle it's my first one.

     D*--------------------------------------------------
     D* Procedure name: Qcmdexc
     D* Purpose:        To allow the running of CL commands
     D* Returns:
     D* Parameter:      Cmd => Command to run
     D* Parameter:      CmdLen => Length of command to run
     D*--------------------------------------------------
     D Qcmdexc         PR                  EXTPGM('QCMDEXC')
     D  Cmd                        3000A   Options(*VARSIZE) Const
     D  CmdLen                       15P 5 Const

     ?* Remove library for CoolSpools just in case already there
     c                   Eval      Cmd = 'RMVLIBLE LIB(CVTSPLV4R1)'
     c                   CallP(E)  QCmdExc(Cmd:%Len(%TrimR(Cmd)))

This is the correct way yes?

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Tel: 709-576-8132
Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

This e-mail communication and accompanying documents is intended only for
information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  Any use of this information by individuals or entities
other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this in error, please notify the sender and delete all the copies
(electronic or otherwise) immediately.