> Dan Bale" wrote:
> Subject: RE: Trivia: How many lines of code are allowed in an RPG Program?
>
> Wow.  Is S005 the level break subroutine that Dreamwriter(?) uses?  It's
> been way too long, at least 8 years, since I did JDE.  Was JDE ever
> converted to RPG-IV?  ILE?

Dan -

In an interactive JDE program, S005 is the subroutine that validates
subfile/screen fields.  In the case of P4211, there are _many_ fields in the
subfile, thus leading to many lines of code in S005 for validation of these
fields.

I have also run into the problem of the program becoming too large to
compile, even when portions of the code have been put into /COPY
members...There is an OPM limit to the number of data structures, fields,
and arrays that can be defined in the program.  Once you hit this limit, the
program _must_ be converted to ILE to compile.

I believe that PeopleSoft has added support for ILE in SVR in the latest
cume package for version A7.3, but we are rev-locked on cume 9.

Regards,
Steve