From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
fkany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 10:45 AM
To: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Trivia: How many lines of code are allowed in an RPG Program?

//======================================================================
               //First 5 pos. of Current_Zipcode match First 5 pos. of
Previous_Zipcode

//======================================================================
               IF %SUBST(XN14:1:5)=%SUBST(SV_SZIP:1:5);
                  //6 Pos. Current_Zipcode in Sequence with Previous_Zipcode
                  EXSR CHECK_6;
                  IF IN_SEQUENCE = 'Y'; //Yes
                  ENDRANGE = XN14;
                  ITER;
                  ENDIF;
                  IF IN_SEQUENCE = 'N'; //No
                  EXSR WRITE_RECORD;
                  EXSR SAVE_NEWINFO;
                  ITER;
                  ENDIF;
               ENDIF;

//======================================================================
               //First 4 pos. of Current_Zipcode match First 4 pos. of
Previous_Zipcode

//======================================================================
               IF %SUBST(XN14:1:4)=%SUBST(SV_SZIP:1:4);
                  //5,6 Pos. Current_Zipcode in Sequence with Previous_Zipcode
                  EXSR CHECK_56;
                  IF IN_SEQUENCE = 'Y'; //Yes
                  ENDRANGE = XN14;
                  ITER;
                  ENDIF;
                  IF IN_SEQUENCE = 'N'; //No
                  EXSR WRITE_RECORD;
                  EXSR SAVE_NEWINFO;
                  ITER;
                  ENDIF;
               ENDIF;

//======================================================================
               //First 3 pos. of Current_Zipcode match First 3 pos. of
Previous_Zipcode

//======================================================================
               IF %SUBST(XN14:1:3)=%SUBST(SV_SZIP:1:3);
                  //4,5,6 Pos. Current_Zipcode in Sequence with Previous_Zipcode
                  EXSR CHECK_456;
                  IF IN_SEQUENCE = 'Y'; //Yes
                  ENDRANGE = XN14;
                  ITER;
                  ENDIF;
                  IF IN_SEQUENCE = 'N'; //No
                  EXSR WRITE_RECORD;
                  EXSR SAVE_NEWINFO;
                  ITER;
                  ENDIF;
               ENDIF;

//======================================================================
               //First 2 pos. of Current_Zipcode match First 2 pos. of
Previous_Zipcode

//======================================================================
               IF %SUBST(XN14:1:2)=%SUBST(SV_SZIP:1:2);
                  //3,4,5,6 Pos. Current_Zipcode in Sequence with
Previous_Zipcode
                  EXSR CHECK_3456;
                  IF IN_SEQUENCE = 'Y'; //Yes
                  ENDRANGE = XN14;
                  ITER;
                  ENDIF;
                  IF IN_SEQUENCE = 'N'; //No
                  EXSR WRITE_RECORD;
                  EXSR SAVE_NEWINFO;
                  ITER;
                  ENDIF;
               ENDIF;

//======================================================================
               //First pos. of Current_Zipcode match First pos. of
Previous_Zipcode

//======================================================================
               IF %SUBST(XN14:1:1)=%SUBST(SV_SZIP:1:1);
                  //2,3,4,5,6 Pos. Current_Zipcode in Sequence with
Previous_Zipcode
                  EXSR CHECK_23456;
                  IF IN_SEQUENCE = 'Y'; //Yes
                  ENDRANGE = XN14;