From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mark Adkins
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 2:13 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Commitment control and open data paths with triggers

I got everything to work, but I had to use a CL.  I don't actually end
commitment control.  I just reclaim the activation group and this closes
TESTH that was opened by the trigger.  Is this the only way to get TESTH
to close?

PGM        PARM(&COMMIT)

DCL        VAR(&COMMIT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)

CALL       PGM(TEST) PARM(&COMMIT)
RCLACTGRP  ACTGRP(MYGROUP)

ENDPGM

Here is the RPGLE.

H DATEDIT(*YMD) ACTGRP('MYGROUP') DFTACTGRP(*NO)
 *---------------------------------------------------------------
FTEST      UF   E             DISK    USROPN COMMIT(COMMITLOCK)
F                                     RENAME(TEST:TESTR)
 *=========================================================-
D CMDV            S            100    VARYING
D CMD             S            100
 *=========================================================-
 *           Mainline
 *=========================================================-
C     *ENTRY        PLIST
C                   PARM                    COMMITLOCK        1

C                   EVAL      CMDV = 'STRCMTCTL LCKLVL(*ALL)'
C                   EVAL      LEN = %LEN(CMDV)
C                   EVAL      CMD = CMDV
C                   CALL      'QCMDEXC'
C                   PARM                    CMD
C                   PARM                    LEN              15 5

C                   OPEN      TEST

C     1             SETLL     TEST
C                   READ      TEST
C                   IF        NOT %EOF(TEST)
C                   DELETE    TESTR
C                   ENDIF

C                   ROLBK

C                   EVAL      *INLR = *ON

Regards,

Mark