Couple of things.

1) Instead of CHAIN, try SETLL as it does not read the record into the
buffer.

2) instead of Native I/O check out SQL, with the proper indexes it should be
even faster.

insert into updfile (select * from origfile
                           where key not in (select key from updfile)
                          )

Also, may want to try using the EXISTS predicate.  I'm not real good with
its use but something like:

insert into updfile A ( select * from origfile B
                               where not exists ( select 1 from updfile C
                                                          where B.key =
C.key)
                             )

HTH,