--- Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm also very tired of arguing here.
> We're not all going to agree. All I ask is that the people who read
these forums stop and think about it.

We stop and think, and change and learn and pick to use those things we
think we need to fill the gaps of things we don't know yet.
Is that the reason to attend a forum?

Now the revamp for this discussion.
Lets start it with:
> The other thing that I was talking about when I referenced
> modernization is changing to a more modern user interface.
>
> If you look at a 5250 terminal, you're looking at 1970's technology.
> Now, on this point, I certainly agree that it'll be management's
> decision to use a GUI interface instead of a 5250 interface.
> But management needs to understand that WE CAN DO IT with an RPG
backend!

Management here (me) want to change to a more modern user interface.
Management here (me) knows that we can do it with an RPG backend
(Amongst others we make bankingtransactions websites).
Our flagship products are however 'still' GreenScreen.
They are large, fairly modern and very flexible applications.
We would like to give them a graphical interface.
We can do it with products like NewLook (very Ok screenscraper with
lots of functionality).
But we would better like to make them browserbased.
We can not rewrite them.
We can not 'Yet' allow to change them in such a way they can not run
anymore on greenscreen.
We can not allow to end up with two versions.
What are the real options/tools available to do this??
Mind.. No resources, No time.
Ok... a little time and some resources.

Kind regards,
Eduard Sluis.

=====
Implement-It,
Pos Cabai OfficePark unit 2,
Willemstad, Curaçao,
Netherlands Antilles.

Cell: 5999 5618980 Tel: 5999 7372031 Fax 5999 7372048