I'm not familiar with TAPI, but I do know that the OS/400 sockets API
supports telephony.  I believe it's intended for an ISDN connection, and
allows you to dial & communicate over an ISDN network.

Not really sure if that translates directly to what you're doing.  I have
to admit, I'm not much of a telephone guy.  But, you might want to check
out the Sockets Programming manual for information:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/info/rzab6/rzab6mst.pdf

My sockets stuff only works with TCP/IP sockets, not telephony, but it
should be relatively easy to adapt.  All you have to do is define the
AF_TELEPHONY constant to the correct number, and create a sockaddr_tel
data structure that matches the ILE C version.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com