Hello,

I've been spinning my wheels all day to get this screen to work.  This is
my first attempt at writing a subfile display program with data entry fields
below the subfile.

Here's what I'm trying to do:
I'm try to validate data being entered into the "RQD DATE" field.  When F9 is
pressed, I want the program to validate the "RQD DATE" field.  If there is
invalid data entered, I want the screen to Reverse Image/Position Cursor to
the "RQD DATE" field.

Here's what actually happens when I press F9:
I've entered invalid data into the "RQD DATE" field and pressed F9.  Nothing
happens.  I ran the screen in debug.  I set my break point after the EXFMT
operation for SUBFILECONTROLRECORD and reran the program and pressed F9.
The value of "RQD DATE" = *BLANKS.

Does anyone know why the program can't see that "RQD DATE" has a value in it?

Thanks,

Frank

RPGIV processing for the screen:
LOAD_SUBFILE
DOU   WKLOOP02 = 'N'

WRITE FKEYSORTRECORDFORMAT
EXFMT SUBFILECONTROLRECORD

RESET_ERRORS_FLAGS

(DETERMINE WHICH KEY WAS PRESSED)
SELECT

WHEN *INKC = *ON
EVAL WKLOOP02 = 'N'
LEAVE

WHEN *INKI = *ON
CHECK_RECORDFORMAT2_FIELDS
IF ERROR
ITER(DISPLAY ERROR)
ENDIF

OTHER
ENTER_PRESSED

ENDSL

ENDDO

Display File:
subfilecontrolrecord = rows 1 -> 7
subfilerecordformat  = rows 8 -> 19
fkeysortrecordformat = rows 21 ->24
 7/19/04                            Averitt Express, Inc.
16:10:13                            File Records Display Screen

PICKUP
OPT   PRO#              SHIPPER           CITY              ST    ZIP
DATE
      -----------       -------           ------------      --    -----
-------
-     008-1481018       0424115           GRANITEVILLE      SC    29829
3/15/99
-     008-1481063       0424115           GRANITEVILLE      SC    29829
3/16/99
-     008-1481634       0424115           GRANITEVILLE      SC    29829
3/18/99
-     008-1483608       0424115           GRANITEVILLE      SC    29829
3/22/99
-     008-1483952       0424115           GRANITEVILLE      SC    29829
3/22/99
-     008-1484518       0424115           GRANITEVILLE      SC    29829
3/24/99
-     008-1487123       0424115           GRANITEVILLE      SC    29829
3/29/99
-     008-1487665       0424115           GRANITEVILLE      SC    29829
3/31/99

    BOL:------                            RQD Date: ----                TRUCK:
----
   OS+D:------                                APPT: ----
F3=Exit     F5=Refresh        F8=View/Hide      F9=Sort     Enter=Continue