Hi Ron,

Thanks for the thought.  And yes, you're post are getting through.  Not
sure why you wouldn't get your own though.

Fred Underwood
North American Stainless
(502) 347-6187

mailto:funderwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/29/2004 08:21 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: WRKQRY

                              Work with Queries

Type choices, press Enter.

  Option  . . . . . .                  1=Create, 2=Change, 3=Copy,
                                       5=Display, 6=Print definition
                                       8=Run in batch, 9=Run
  Query . . . . . . .                  Name, F4 for list
    Library . . . . .                  Name, *LIBL, F4 for list

In the above screen is where you specify a name for your qry and the
library to create the qry, not the file or member you want to qry.  That's

the next screen:
                               Define the Query

Query . . . . . . :   TEST1             Option  . . . . . :   CREATE
  Library . . . . :     PGMRRP          CCSID . . . . . . :   65535

Type options, press Enter.  Press F21 to select all.
  1=Select

Opt    Query Definition Option
 1     Specify file selections
       Define result fields
       Select and sequence fields
       Select records
       Select sort fields
       Select collating sequence
       Specify report column formatting
       Select report summary functions
       Define report breaks
       Select output type and output form
       Specify processing options

F3=Exit            F5=Report          F12=Cancel
F13=Layout         F18=Files          F21=Select all

Followed by the file selection screen:
                           Specify File Selections

Type choices, press Enter.  Press F9 to specify an additional
  file selection.

  File . . . . . . . . .                  Name, F4 for list
    Library  . . . . . .     TAXES        Name, *LIBL, F4 for list
  Member . . . . . . . .   *FIRST         Name, *FIRST, F4 for list
  Format . . . . . . . .   *FIRST         Name, *FIRST, F4 for list

F3=Exit           F4=Prompt          F5=Report            F9=Add file
F12=Cancel        F13=Layout         F24=More keys

I think this is where you want to be.  I still don't see my emails going
to the list though....

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Tel: 709-576-8132
Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

"Jeffrey Lee" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/29/2004 11:54 AM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: WRKQRY

Well I just enter WRKQRY and fill out the fields.

>From there I type 2 for edit
OEPEHDA for the query
and MODSMR for the library.

Those are the only 3 places to enter data