I was under the assumption that when using a service program that when
you make a change to a service program and you do not change the entry
points you would not have to rebind all programs using that service
program.

I added a new routine today to a service program and it stopped the only
program we have using it with the following error.  How do you change a
service program without having to rebind all objects that are using it.

Message ID . . . . . . :   MCH4431       Severity . . . . . . . :   40

Message type . . . . . :   Escape

Date sent  . . . . . . :   06/23/04      Time sent  . . . . . . :
15:14:56
Message . . . . :   Program signature violation.

Cause . . . . . :   The source program OPTLQARW specifies a signature

  X'0AA956AD31211C0A05314CEDD0A36813' which is not supported by service

  program SWSRVTXR.

Recovery  . . . :   The service program interface has changed. Re-bind
source
  program OPTLQARW.

Bruce Odum
bodum@xxxxxxxxxxxx