> Buck Wrote:
>
> Look at the FAQ at http://faq.midrange.com <http://faq.midrange.com>
> Search for something like
> 'What does binary mean'
>   --buck
>
> Umm, I have no problem understanding binary, and how it relates to
base16
> and Base10 number systems.  Bin(4) - that would be a binary-coded
number, 32
> bits in length, which is decoded as follows:

The FAQ entry describes how to decipher the IBM documentation.  The
search argument I gave was just a snippet of the full title, which is
' What does BINARY(4) mean in API documentation? '.  I didn't intend
to offend, but since you interpreted binary(4) as 4b 0, it was pretty
clear to me that this FAQ was a good fit.

I think it's a good read as a supplement to Scott's excellent answer
about this particular API because Barbara describes many other C data
types and how they are to be prototyped in RPG IV (via the link in the
FAQ.)

Hope that helps some,
  --buck