From: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Date: 03/26/04 12:31:49
To: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Header for .csv file from PF

Hello,

I have an RPGIV program that writes records to a file that will be sent as
an excel .csv file. When the .csv file is opened, the records are there,
but ofcourse there's no header because the .csv file just shows the data.

If all the fields were character, I could just use EVAL the fields with the
header info and write it as the first record, but some fields are numeric
and some are character.

The .csv file is created each time the program is ran and then emailed. As
much as I don't like using the MOVE operation, I tried it anyways and the
program compiled, but I the program received a data decimal error when it
was ran.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can put header info into this .csv file
each time the RPG program is ran?

Thanks,

Frank