Perhaps someone can help me. Searching google, search400,  IBM inforcenter etc
have not given me enough information to know what is wrong.  So...

Using Scott Klement's tutorial on "Working with IFS in RPG", I have written
(using the term "written" loosely) a program to read a PC file (a text file in
csv style format - Sample of data:
"392033962","P","150","","","","","","","220.56750","0","-37380","0","0","03102004)

from a software package.

The RPGIV program scans the data for ,"- and rearranges the data so that the
negative sign is after the number.  (When I changed this using Word Pad,
CPYFRMSTMF then correctly interpreted the number and copied to our iSeries
file.)

I have set up the open so that, I think, CCSID 00819 will be used for ASCII.
    c                   eval      outfile = open('/QDLS/ANZCHKS/AZPCFile':
     c                                  O_TRUNC + O_CREAT + O_WRONLY
     c                                   +O_CODEPAGE:
     c                                  S_IRWXU + S_IRWXG +S_IRWXO :
     c                                   819)

However, my problem now is that the CCSID seems to be incorrect.  The
CPYFRMSTMF command gives this error (edited for space)
Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF2845       Severity . . . . . . . :   40
Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
Date sent  . . . . . . :   03/25/04      Time sent  . . . . . . :   10:39:47

Message . . . . :   The copy did not complete for reason code 9.
Cause . . . . . :   The Copy From Import File (CPYFRMIMPF) command, or Copy To
  Import File (CPYTOIMPF) command could not be completed for reason 9.  The
  reason codes are:
     9 - The data for the field JEURAB is not valid for the data type of the
   TOFILE.
 Recovery  . . . :   Do the following for the reason code:
   9 - Change the data in the FROMFILE.

When I look at the file on the iSeries, I get this error:

 Message ID . . . . . . :   CPDB610       Severity . . . . . . . :   20
 Message type . . . . . :   Information
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   03/25/04      Time sent  . . . . . . :   11:20:03

 Message . . . . :   File CCSID incorrect.
 Cause . . . . . :   The file CCSID was 00819, but the data in the file looks
   like EBCDIC. A CCSID of 00500 is being used.
 Recovery  . . . :   If another CCSID is needed, use F15 to change to the
   desired CCSID.

When I look at the file on the PC, I see this:
ùððððññôkñkk×ÉÒkõk×ÉÒÇÁÄÁÔâkÁ*"¢@Ã*¤*£@Ä**£@**@È*"£*

I am sure that there is an error on my part somewhere but I cannot figure out
what it is.

TIA,

Dave Boettcher