It's a bit tougher in RPGIII.  Is there something wrong with RPG IV that
you're still using RPGIII?

-Bob Cozzi

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Deepak D (KAGC)
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 9:53 AM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: Moving Char field to Numeric field right justified

Hi

Here is the sample code. I get the result in CUSN array. But I cannot move
it to a numeric field.

        *************** Beginning of data
*************************************
0001.00
0002.00      E                    CUSC        9  1               CUSID Char
0003.00      E                    CUSN        9  1 0             CUSID
Numeric
0004.00
0005.00      I              '1234567  '           C         CUSID
0006.00
0007.00      C                     MOVELCUSID     CUSIDC  9
0008.00      C                     MOVEACUSID     CUSC
0009.00      C           ' ':1     SCAN CUSIDC    I       30
0010.00      C           I         IFGT 0
0011.00      C           I         SUB  1         N       30
0012.00      C           I         SUB  1         I
0013.00      C                     Z-ADD9         J       30
0014.00      C                     DO   N
0015.00      C                     MOVE CUSC,I    POS1    10
0016.00      C                     MOVE POS1      CUSN,J
0017.00      C           I         SUB  1         I
0018.00      C           J         SUB  1         J
0019.00      C                     ENDDO
0020.00 ???  C****                 MOVEACUSN      CUSIDN  90
EXPECTED RESULT IS 001234567, OF COURSE 00 WILL NOT BE SHOWN.
0021.00      C                     ELSE
0022.00      C                     MOVE CUSIDC    CUSIDN  90
0023.00      C                     ENDIF
0024.00      C                     SETON                     LR