Praise be!  This is what I was hoping you would say.  Now, let me ask. Are
mpsch1, 2, ... consecutive in the file?  If so try:

FMPSSum    if   e           k disk

 * CAUTION!: Do NOT compile this program without ptfs:  SI10891 SI09988
for V5R2
 * Otherwise, compile will go into loop that ENDJOBABN will not stop.

D mpssumDS        ds                  likerec(MPSSUMR:*input)

D                 ds                  based(pMpsch1)
D mpsch                               like(mpsch1) dim(12)

D pMpsch1         s               *   inz(%addr(mpssumds.mpsch1))

 /free
  read mpssumr mpssumDS;
  // at this time mpsch in debug looks good
  *inlr=*on;
  return;
 /End-free

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner.  But as you can tell by the
comments my Friday afternoon, and weekend were a lot of fun.  You were the
hit of the department.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Peter Vidal" <Peter_Vidal@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/30/2004 10:21 AM
Please respond to

cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: Load a record into a data structure for DEBUGGING purposes.

"...could you just not use the fields in other data structures?  Give a
couple
of samples of these other data structures."

Yes, I need them there to be able to effectively process the data.  Here
are
more details of the program:

FMPSSum    uf a e           k disk
.
.
.
D MPSDs         e ds                  extname(MPSSum) Prefix(#)
.
.
.
 *
 *  Schedule Data Structure
D ScheduleDS      ds                  inz
D mpsch1                  1     11  2
D mpsch2                 12     22  2
D mpsch3                 23     33  2
D mpsch4                 34     44  2
D mpsch5                 45     55  2
D mpsch6                 56     66  2
D mpsch7                 67     77  2
D mpsch8                 78     88  2
D mpsch9                 89     99  2
D mpsch10               100    110  2
D mpsch11               111    121  2
D mpsch12               122    132  2
D mpsch                   1    132  2 dim(12)

If I do not rename the MPSDS to have a PREFIX(let's say "#"), then it will
say
that MPSCH1,MPSCH2,MPSCH3, etc. are already defined:

*RNF3315 20 a      009300  The Name entry is already defined on a
Definition
                           Specification; defaults to blanks.

Peter Vidal
Pall Aeropower Corp.
SR Programmer Analyst
WWW.Pall.com
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior
spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive
with our frail and feeble mind."
Albert Einstein