> No I was using the visual debugger.

If I remember, you are using WDSCi.  I'm back on WDT so I can't help you
there.  Sorry man.

> How do I get past the "(source not available)"
> on the STRDBG?

So the object is deployed on a different box than it was developed on.  You
may not like this very much.  Compile the SQLRPGLE with TOSRCFILE().  This
runs the preprocessor and puts the expanded source into a new source member.
DON'T put it over your original source member!  I use the default file name,
QSQLTEMP1 but put it in my library instead of QTEMP.  Once you have the
pre-processed source, the adventure begins.

The preprocessor stores a date/time stamp in the user storage area of the
source member which MUST MATCH the date/time stamp of the original SQLRPGLE
source member or it won't compile.  So you can't make any changes to this
generated RPGLE source member or they won't compile.  In addition, there's a
black-magic link back to the original SQLRPGLE member, so if you just
compile it you will see the original SQLRPGLE source and not what is in the
RPGLE source member.  I have an issue open with IBM Support over a related
issue regarding the user storage area, and as near as I can tell, this
situation is not going to change.

The bottom line is that in order for you to get a debuggable version of
this, you will need to ADDPFM/PDM option 6 to some source file (I use
QSQLTEMP1).  Then use your favourite editor to copy all the records from the
generated RPGLE member into your new member.  Compile THAT with
dbgview(*list) and you will have a debuggable version.

recap
QRPGLESRC PROGRAMA SQLRPGLE
  PDM option 14, TOSRCFILE(mylib/*N)
  (creates QSQLTEMP1 in mylib with RPGLE member PROGRAMA)

QSQLTEMP1
  PDM option 6, member name PROGRAMAD RPGLE
  Include all source specifications from PROGRAMA
  PDM option 14, DBGVIEW(*LIST)

Now *PGM object PROGRAMAD has the full debugging information and you can
deploy it to the other systems and debug it.  I tend to use a different name
just to keep the new, debug version separate from the production version,
but if you need to keep them the same, rename the source members in
QSQLTEMP1.

  --buck