Anton Gombkötö wrote:
What is *INZSR so different from the methods(?) that are "called"
automatically when a new object in an OO language is created?

As I mentioned earlier, there are much differences between procedural languages and object-oriented languages. The *INZSR might seem comparable to a constructor in an OO program. But in an *INZSR, you're not initializing instance data as you would in a constructor. Constructors are pretty much essential in OO programming, but you can easily do without the *INZSR in most situations.

To populate some variables with a more sophisticated logic as INZ() will be the most likely task of both, or?

As long as we use RPG, we should use it at its best. When we get and
get knowledge of better languages/methods/ways, we should evaluate to
use them. (I think Hans' mails are having effect :-) That's just fair
to the customer paying us!

Using some tool at its best may well mean ignoring certain features of that tool. It's not just a matter of knowing how to use the features of the language, but also when NOT to use certain features. Considering the RPG language is a good 43 years old, it's easy to understand why there's lots of baggage that's kept around solely for backwards compatibility.

But then again, I like grits with eggs and sausage instead of hash
browns - go figure!!

What are hash browns? Drugs? In the morning? :-)

Think finely chopped "Bratkartoffeln".

(I noticed you didn't ask about grits! ;-)

Cheers! Hans