Hi Hans,

> Anton Gombkötö wrote:
>> What is *INZSR so different from the methods(?) that are "called"
>> automatically when a new object in an OO language is created?

> As I mentioned earlier [...]

Yes, i missed about three whole pages in my email client! :-)

> ... but you can easily do without the *INZSR in most situations.

Sure, but talking for RPG, input primary is still a wonderful method
to do some sort of tasks. And *INZSR is right on time there.

>> As long as we use RPG, we should use it at its best. When we get
>> and get knowledge of better languages/methods/ways, we should
>> evaluate to use them. (I think Hans' mails are having effect :-)
>> That's just fair to the customer paying us!

> Using some tool at its best may well mean ignoring certain features of
> that tool. It's not just a matter of knowing how to use the features of
> the language, but also when NOT to use certain features. Considering the
> RPG language is a good 43 years old, it's easy to understand why there's
> lots of baggage that's kept around solely for backwards compatibility.

Sure. Thanks for not "overloading" it with too many features. I would
not have put many $ on a RESET for INZed fields, but who gave us 100$
back then? :-)

The feature i like is to RESET a record to the default values defined
in the database. There's nothing equivalent available. AFAIK, of
course.

Using a tool at its best means for me that i read the manual, that i
try to keep up and so on. Not using GOTO any more, not to ride on
MHLLZO and so on. (which i found a perfect way to set a value to
negative but i got bored of documenting the line with half a screen of
remark statements for the others. :-)

>> What are hash browns? Drugs? In the morning? :-)
>>

> Think finely chopped "Bratkartoffeln".

Thanks!

> (I noticed you didn't ask about grits! ;-)

That one was easy to find with "Babylon"... :-)

> Cheers! Hans

Good idea! Cheers!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / best regards