Bob, I agree to an extent.  I don't like the colon, nor free-form.

But the bright people got it wrong on how to deal with adding one to a
transaction number, afaik.  I look at the views, by many VERY bright people,
that a module should have one procedure, and I sure think/believe they've
got that wrong...  (Don't agree that's the stupidest thing I've ever seen,
when compared to interfacing with an API using XML, for example!)  There is
a fair bit of confusion about "best" practices in procedures, from THE most
experienced and (imo) brightest people.

How is that??

And I can assure you that EVERY programmer on the face of the earth can and
has gotten into some trouble when they "assume things work they way they
think they should <when> that is often <not> the case", and that's not
language-dependent.  I would be of the opinion, that as RPG gets (imho)
less-intuitive, that's gonna happen more than less.

<OT PS:  Never been a dairy farmer, but worked on a farm one summer...
Yep...>