Murali,

If you are working with flat files without field definitions, you can use IDDU
(Interactive Data Definition Utility) to create field definitions that RUNQRY
and STRDFU can use.  Use the STRIDD command.

Dan Miller

Murali dhar <hydchap1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi all,

I want to knoe more abt program described file,neither = got an
opportunity to knoe more abt nor used much...

1)i would like t= o knoe whether RUNQRY commands etc can be used to see
contents of program d= escribed file

below is part of the RPG/400 program iam analyzing...At= the end some
O specs after some calculations('c' specs)..

2)wh= ether all the commands( i use for all externally described files
like= RUNQRY,DSPFD)can be used for program described files?

3)in the follo= wing case iam nt getting any output in spool file?is
there any other way i = can see the output for this program described
file?

4)program describ= ed files are defined in programs...are there any
major differences btw prog= ram described and externally described files
in real practical applications= ?

Please provide me some pointers,I wud really appreciate if some one shares his
knowledge .

Thaks in advance,

Murali.

==================== ========================= ========================= =

FGMIRPMF1 UF F 218  = ; DISK
IGMIRPMF1 AA &nbs= p; &n= bsp;

I  = ; &nb= sp; 2 2 FIRM

I  = ; &nb= sp; 13 17 CIDENT
&nb= sp; I = &nbs= p; 20 22
CFIRM

I &n= bsp; = 5 12 OFCAC

I=  = ; 13 16 NAME=

I &nb= sp; &= nbsp; 30 33 CCYY

I &n= bsp; = 55 56 TYPE

I =  = ; 201 202 CLSUB

AFTER = SOME CALCULATIONS statements (C specs)

------------------------------= ------------------------------
&nb= sp; &= nbsp;

OGMIRPMF1E &nb= sp; OUT

O &nb= sp; 99 FIRM &= nbsp; 2