Mark,

I'm having a little trouble relating the snippet you sent to your
message, so I'm going to focus on your message:

First, you cannot have setgt, eof, or other file processing code in an
SQL procedure, it is either SQL of File processing.

Second, X is obviously defined, but where is it being used?  It could be
something as simple as a missing semi-colon.

Third, the actual physical order of the source lines DOES matter in an
SQL program, so you may be on to something there.

I don't know if any of this helps or not.  You can send me more code if
you want and I'll look at it.

Thanks,

Joel
http://www.rpgnext.com