OK, maybe someone can tell me why this is happening. Here is the code
snippet:

 DstrDate          S             14  0
 DendDate          S             14  0

 DsqlStmt          S            500    varying
 Dx                S              3  0
 Dcodes            DS             5    DIM(10)  qualified
 Dhours            DS             5    dim(10)  qualified

  /free

    reset dsHrs;
    reset Hours;
    reset Codes;

    // get date range. the previous saturday to the previous saturday
    setgt chkdate Kalendl8;
    dou %eof(Kalendl8);
       readp Kalendl8;
       if %eof(Kalendl8);
          return;

Firstly the compiler tells me that x is not defined (It is used farther
down the program)
Then it tells me that Kalendl8 is not defined. for the 'dou %eof(Kalendl8);

This code is in a subprocedure that contains SQL. Don't know if that has
anything to do with it or not.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter