>But a company with say 25 developers would be about $2500 + the labor to
install it, figure what, another $500...
Why would you pay somebody to install your memory. . .  If you know how to
write RPG programs you should have no problem learning how to install memory
:-)

>so that's a $3000 expense.
If you have a shop of 25 programmers I would have to say that $3000 won't do
too much to your budget given the payback in PC performance you are going to
get and programmer productivity.  If you have a bad machine count up the
time it takes you to wait for things to get done or reboot when it crashes.
That is how I justify new PC's to management.  It isn't so hard to buy me a
new PC when I spend up to 30 minutes a day waiting for my PC to do stuff (of
course WDSc 5.0 didn't help this out at all :-)

>If you could send someone to COMMON or RPG World would you do that or add
the extra memory to the PC's?
IMO, without a doubt, add more memory to PC's.  Pretty much anything that is
at those conferences can be found online (these forums are a good example).
Conferences are better suited to someone getting into something very early
on - then they provide a wealth of knowledge.

Just my opinion on the third point.
Aaron Bartell