I had forgotten about that underscore in Visual Basic.  The editor has to
keep reminding me of it. :)

I really have no opinion on the use of the semi-colon versus any other
character.  I was just wondering why it was picked over the period, which,
as I said, is used by almost all written languages to denote the end of a
declaratory sentence.  My thinking is that the period was considered too
small to be easily seen and would have degraded readability versus the
semi-colon.

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 extension 2124
DFisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<clip>
the delimiters are CRLF (end-of-line) and the colon (":") character.
<clip>
how do you write a line of code that spans across multiple lines?

In VB you use the underscore ("_") character.
<clip>
So, what can you do?   And, would what you come up with REALLY be
better than the semicolon?
<clip>