So I have to code a procedure, put it in a service program, then code to
the service program in order to replace 1 line of code.  Sorry, that to me
is not very forward thinking.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                    "Mike Haston **

                    Data"                      To:     "RPG programming on the
AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    <MHaston@xxxxxxx>          cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     RE: Free-format RPG

                    rpg400-l-bounces@xx

                    drange.com

                    04/25/2003 03:16 PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG programming on

                    the AS400 / iSeries

I know it's more work, but if you do it that often why not create a
procedure/function?

#getNumericTime( *current );
#getAlphaTime( *job : *usa );

Haven't done it, but I suppose it would work.