Andy wrote:

>I have two date fields *MDY with these values.
>'18:09:04' and '16:26:57'.
>All I want to do is find the total elapsed
>time in hours,minutes and seconds
>between them.
>
>I'm  using the SUBDUR like this;
>
>EndTime    SUBDUR    StartTime    Hour:*H
>EndTime    SUBDUR    StartTime    Minute:*MN
>EndTime    SUBDUR    StartTime    Second:*S
>
>Hour,Minute and second are part of a  6,0 data structure.
>When I put my program in debug my 'elapsed' variable
>contains 010227. I suspect its because of negatives I'm
>getting the minutes and seconds the way I am.
>
>What am I missing here? (Should I be doing this differently
>then SUBDUR?)

I read the manual as saying that we subtract 16.26.57 from 18.09.04 and come
up with the result expressed in whole hours, which in this case is 1.  For
*M, it means express the result in minutes, which is 102 minutes (truncated
to 02).  You get the idea, I'm sure.  Read the RPG Reference: Operation code
SUBDUR, and Date Operations for more details.
  --buck