From: Gary Guthrie [mailto:garyguthrie@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 4:57 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: CRTDUPOBJ an ILE program

Joe,

Am I misperceiving you if you seem a little upset by my advice? I'm
sorry if you are, but there was no malintent. The questioner admittedly
didn't understand the nuances and was getting an awful lot of advice
that failed to point out ANY reasoning/rationale - just do it this way.
I acknowledged that the "rule of thumb" might work for a considerable
portion of the application and simply advised the questioner to not
follow the "rule of thumb" blindly. Are you opposed to that?

I didn't go into all the issues of activation groups and their impact on
application design, thinking that maybe an ensuing discussion would be
sparked. I see it's more of a flame! :)

Gary Guthrie