From a  developers prospective, I prefer PRTF.
They are simple to code, easy to modify and reusable.

hth,
Rajan Tangri

From: "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@Sallybeauty.com>
To: "'rpg400-l@midrange.com'" <rpg400-l@midrange.com>
Subject: RE: Standards issue - Comments please.
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:56:40 -0600

Dave,

I know this a a dangerous topic <g> but I needed to get more fuel.....
Bruce
Vining pointed out the national language support issue, which is just now
becoming a research project for one of our devo teams.

As several others have stated, I'd put myself in the group that prefers
o-specs "just because". But once I began looking at it as a "problem", I
found that I cannot justify "just because" as a valid answer to why we
should use o-specs. So far, the only advantage is outputting array
elements,
which seems pretty mild as arguments go..... :)

RPG cycle issues are null and void.  Cycle is used ONLY for batch
maintenance programs, not reporting.

RLU?  Is this really an argument in favor of Prtf?  I freely admit that
it's
been a few years since I looked at RLU, but I feel that the main reason
most
programmers avoided (past tense) PRTF in the first place was crappy old
RLU.
Is it better now?  I know that Code Designer (and its successor when it's
developed) are much easier to use, but I see less than ten percent of the
developers here with any interest in the new tools.

Thanks to all.

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)