> From: Douglas Handy
>
> But even that is still *vastly* superior to using RPG
> III.   The only
> halfway legitimate reason for not using RPG IV is having to
> maintain vendor
> supplied RPG III code.  But that begs the question why *they*
> haven't switched
> to RPG IV...

I hope you reailze my comment about RPG III was meant to be a bit
tongue-in-cheek.  I haven't written new code in RPG III for some time now.
I'll admit that I used non-ILE approaches, but my focus this year has been
on upgrading that as well.  At the same time, my tool modifies code, so I
have to support RPG III.  I support RPG IV as well.  COBOL will be done next
week.  And then I'll have to do free-form.

All the new movement has been great, but I hope it stabilizes.  Add
features, sure, but leave the syntax alone.  Currently, there are three
completely different RPG syntaxes (four if you count old style RPG II), and
I hope that's all I have to deal with.

Joe