>all I wanted to know was: "Are there
>problems with display files in modules?"

I haven't seen any in my limited use.

>1. Individual display files for the separate panels
>2. Cloned record formats in multiple display files
>3. One giant display file for the entire application
>
>I'd love to hear discussion on this, but IMO option
>one is the best choice.

Not much to discuss I'd say.  Option 2 is a multiple-maintenance situation
and option 3 makes it all the more difficult to roll out a change to panel 1
because all the panels are locked in the same DSFP object.

>1. Individual programs
>2. Modules bound by copy
>3. Modules in service programs

So of the three above, what is suggested?

I never bind by copy (except to create a service program or course), which
leaves individual programs and service programs.  I haven't seen problems
with service programs, but I haven't seen benefits either.  In general I put
the display files in a callable program because that's what everybody is
accustomed to.  I have used display files in service programs as graceful
error handlers, or as self-configurators.  (First time it runs, it pops up a
'fill this out' screen sort of thing.
  --buck