Rob,

>To prefix, or not to prefix.  That question comes up alot.

And now that we have qualified data structures, I'd too vote for not using
prefixes.  They were a kludge based on options available at the time.  And it
has served me very well since the S/34.  Yet I would gladly leave it behind in
favor of no prefixes now that there is better alternative.

>And, while the drop may be useful for those of us forced into using files
>with prefixed fields, those who will use it might not be inclined to
>prefix their fields in the first place.

It is the 20+ years of legacy code which does use it that isn't going to change
overnight.  Yet I'd still like to be able to benefit from EVALC, especially as
it relates to moving fields between PF's and DSPF's.

Doug

PS - I really didn't mean to start such a long thread over what I thought was a
simple question...