On Thursday 02 May 2002 2:07 pm, Buck Calabro wrote:
> Henrik Krebs http://hkrebs.dk/index.html has posted an example of using
> routing entries to invoke a user-written pre-processor.  I can't locate
> the code in the archives but the salient thread is here
> http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/199806/msg00530.html  Email
> Henrik and he might post his code in his shareware section...
>
> His idea revolves around creating a batch subsystem entry that doesn't
> use QCMD as the command request processing program.  He has written his
> own that reads the request message, parses out the source file/member
> names and then reads the source to find embedded 'commands' and
> overrides.  He then injects those commands as new request messages and
> calls QCMD which processes them, thus overriding the original CRTxxx
> command into a job stream built based on parameters read from the
> source file.
>
> Very slick.
>   --buck

We use a tool that came with Synon (Cool:2E or whatever it is now) that
works just like the above, using YCRTOVR as the routing data. Works well
unless the command string is over 256 characters or contains a CRTxxx
command it doesn't recognise. An open source replacement is on my TODO
list, but if it's already out there... :)

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net        /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /