Go to the bugbuster site, download their CD software (you are allowed a 30 day
trial I think).to burn an AS/400 readable CD. then put your thing on a CD and
off you go.

Denis Robitaille
Directeur services techniques
Cascades Inc
819 363 5187
fax 819 363 5177

>>> hdkotwal@hotmail.com 11/11/01 03:30pm >>>
[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Hi all!

I am currently in the process of transferring my work from my client site to
off-site (i.e. to my Employer's AS/400). This is because my client wants to
cut costs :-).

In this process, I will need to take all my source files and database file
objects from client's AS400 machine to my AS400 machine.

--------------------------------------

Client AS/400 is :

Model 170

Processor :  9406.

OS/400   :  V4R5M0.

The tape drives are:

> 8 mm drive - 7208 342 20.0 G

> 1/4" drive - 4/8 GB SLR5 QIC-4GB-DC.

My AS/400:

Model: E 600 -2136

Processor : 9406

OS Version: V4R4MD

Tape Drive: 8 mm drive 6390 001 5.0 G

How to solve this mis-match issue? Is it possible to read from a 8mm 20G on a
8mm 5G ??

Also, another suggestion was to copy the objects on a CD and then read this CD
on my machine and do a PC to AS/400 data transfer using Client Access /400 for
Windows 95/NT (Terminal Emulation Software). Is this a solution or am I
joking?

Please help.
Regards,

Hrishikesh Kotwal