Seth wrote:
>Hmmm. I'm guessing I/0 with IFS files.

Then you'd be wrong.  There may be some improvements regarding
IFS.  But when it comes to I/O operations to IFS files, we
decided that we really couldn't improve on the current scheme
much.  Having IFS specific opcodes in the language doesn't
provide much of an improvement over coding API calls.  I don't
want to get too much into specifics, but IFS files tend to be
stream files with varying length records.  This type of file
is not a very good fit with RPG's file model.  If you really
wanted to use RPG opcodes for processing an IFS file, you
could code a SPECIAL file.

>When will we be seeing another survey?

Don't know.  Results from the last survey already could give
us enough work for a couple of releases.  If you have any new
suggestions for enhancements, we're always interested.

Cheers!  Hans

Hans Boldt, ILE RPG Development, IBM Toronto Lab, boldt@ca.ibm.com