  • Subject: Re: I hate Activation Groups....
  • From: Jim Langston <jimlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:21:01 -0700

Doesn't' this go back to Paul Jackson's answer?  Although the
terms are different (activated instead of call and created).

Once a job in an activation group loads a service program
the service program can not be reloaded (if deleted) from
that activation group, until the activation group is reloaded itself.

So, if I understand this correctly, the sign on is running in the
default activation group.  The job runs the CL program which loads
the Service program in the activation group Dave.  The CL then
deletes the activation group Dave.  When the CL is run a second time
the system sees it already loaded the service program, and uses it's
pointer which is now pointing into la-la land because the activation
group was deleted.

AHHHH!  A light just went on.

You are deleting the Activation group from memory, but you are not
letting the system know that the service program is no longer loaded.
If there was some mechanism to let the system know that the service
program has been unloaded, then the system would re-load it again when
the second call was made to the CL.

Is this right?

Regards,

Jim Langston