Title: RE: Printer Overflow and BIF's

Peter,

I'm sorry - I forgot that little detail.

It is an externally described printer file.

It works (of course) by using an OFLIND(*IN55) and then watching for *in55.  I was not able to get it to work by using the %error method and it won't let you specify something like OFIND(%ERROR)...  I did not think of setting an OFLIND and then watching for %error but I doubt it will work - I'll give it a try just for grins.

So it works with the old method and everyone is happy (as happy as end-users will ever be)  but I was just curious if I could take advantage of some new method using the BIF's instead.

Thanks

>Printer Overflow and BIF's

>Hi Jim,

>The manual states "An error occurs if overflow is reached to an externally
>described print file and no overflow indicator has been specified on the
>File description specification."  It doesn't say what it will do for an
>internally-describer print file, with or without the overflow indicator
>specified. Which did you have, internal or external? And did you specify an
>overflow indicator?

>Curious,
>Peter Dow
>Dow Software Services, Inc.