ok, so i got the subfile working the way it should, EXCEPT for 1 thing now.
When the selection screen is displayed and you put something in the position
to field, the screen disappears and then reappears.  I don't think this is
just a slow system,as there is nothing running on the machine.  i've tried
putting a dummy record with assume.

any ideas

thanks
mike

i know it doesn't look like it below but it is actually a window/subfile

                    QA CATEGORY SELECTION

    POSITION TO   ----------
    1=Select
    _   AAA  LONG AAA                        PGMA
    -   BBB  BBB DESCRIP                     PGMB
    -   CCC  CCC DESCRIP                     PGMC
    -   DDD  DDD DESCRIP                     PGMD

                                                    Bottom
    F3=Exit    F12=Return