-|-----Original Message-----
-|From: owner-rpg400-l@midrange.com [mailto:owner-rpg400-l@midrange.com]On
-|Behalf Of eperozzi@teamlab.com
-|Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 2:42 AM
-|To: RPG400-L@midrange.com
-|Subject: RE: Fast File Compare
-|
-|Hello All !
-|
-|Few questions & and my humble opinion:
-|
-|How many programmers are still around that know how to write a matching
-|record program....?
-|>> I forgot !

I do ... :)

-|Are we sure is still "the most efficient way" ? (performance speaking)
-|>> I drought !

There is no notably more-efficient algorithm.  Implementations may vary.

-|Can really SQL do the same ?
-|>> If yes then forget matching records !

SQL can do it.

-|Ain't  "matching record" going to be dropped all together with
-|Primary file
-|support ?
-|>> ??

Who cares.  isn't this a one-time project?

-|euro perozzi
-|
-|
-|
-|
-|
-|                    "Nick Runnalls"
-|
-|                    <nick_runnalls@hawkb        To:
-|<RPG400-L@midrange.com>
-|                    ridge.com>                  cc:
-|
-|                    Sent by:                    Subject:     RE:
-|Fast File Compare
-|                    owner-rpg400-l@midra
-|
-|                    nge.com
-|
-|
-|
-|
-|
-|                    11/14/00 05:12 AM
-|
-|                    Please respond to
-|
-|                    RPG400-L
-|
-|
-|
-|
-|
-|
-|
-|
-|If you need to write a program Matching record processing will do the job,
-|it is by far the most efficient, look it up in the RPG Manual, otherwise
-|use CMPPFM