  • Subject: Re: EVALuating the result of logical comparisons Was: Is thisthe Free-Format that we asked for?
  • From: Anton Gombkötö <Gombkoetoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 23:01:21 +0100

At 15:43 02.11.00 -0600, you wrote:
>Indicators can be tested for *on by using just the indicator, and for *off
>with
>NOT.  And their value can be flipped with NOT.  In my opinion, these
>constructs
>result in more readable code.   Your example can be coded:
>
>C               IF      *IN21
>  * Switch goes *ON when it is *OFF and vice versa
>C               EVAL    Switch  = not Switch
>C               ENDIF
>
>Mel Rothman

You are completely right, Mel!

And i should have taken a closer look at the expression operators when
switching to RPG IV... We have a NOT... the present of the day for me...  :-)

Jeezus, and i wrote an article about that very thing for the next
german/austrian/swiss common info.....    :-)

I'm interested in how many e-mails i will receive telling me that there is
a NOT... :-)

Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / best regards

Anton Gombkötö

e-mail Office   :       mailto:Anton.Gombkoetoe@avenum.com
Homepage        :       http://www.avenum.com

Avenum Technologie GmbH
Brigittenauer Lände 50-54, Stiege 6     Salzburger Strasse 29   Dreifelder
Strasse 4
A-1200 Wien / Austria                   A-5163 Mattsee          D-70599
Stuttgart

Tel./phone      :       +43-1/92101-148         +43-6217/5995 -
Fax             :       +43-1/92101-300         +43-6217/5995 -