  • Subject: Re:Sending compiler opts to prin
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:37:11 -0500

Have you checked your change management software to see if they support
this?

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    D.BALE@handleman.

                    com                      To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-rpg400-l@mi        Subject:     Re:Sending compiler
opts to prin
                    drange.com

                    10/30/00 01:48 PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Can't do it with PDM option 14.

If you use RLU to develop & modify your printer files, RLU keeps track of
the
compile options at the bottom of the printer file's source member.  But you
have to invoke the compile from within the RLU command, you still can't use
PDM option 14.

Gumbo's RDA (Report Design Aid) works the same way.

If you're really ambitious, you could create duplicates of all the
CRT*-compile commands in a library that sits on top of your system library
list and develop your own CPP for these duplicates that can scan for
compiler
options in a pre-processor app.  (This has been on my to-do list for
several
years.)

Has something like this been published in one of the AS/400 trade rags?

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952