  • Subject: Re: Change Management Systems
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 00:15:50 EDT

Scott,

saustad@deltadentalwi.com writes:

> Can anyone point out the technical differences among change management
>  systems, such as TurnOver, Aldon CMS, or ADTS?  (Other than price, why
>  might a shop want to use one product instead of the others?)  Thank you
>  very much for any info.

NO.  And anyone that says they can is a liar.  TurnOver is good, Aldon is
good, ADTS leaves something to be desired (but, then again, don't _ALL_ IBM
products that have a third-party competitor?).  I would further add MKS to
the "good" list.  Anyone that could possibly have worked with all of those
products within a reasonable (2 month) time frame to the extent that they
could detail technical differences in current versions is either A)
Possessing a photographic memory or B)  LYING.

The choice of a CMS _MUST_ be determined based upon your own requirements.
It's a personal thing.  All have strengths and weaknesses, and it is up to
the _BUYER_ to determine which of each they can best live with...

Regards!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best." --
Bob Talbert