Here is a piece of code that shows you how I find the RRN number of a
record:

     FGCKFM     CF   E             WORKSTN
     F                                     SFILE(SFLA:RRNA)
     FGCKF      UF A E             DISK    INFDS(INFDS)
     FGCKFL1    IF   E           K DISK    Rename(RGCKF:RGCKF1)
     F                                     INFDS(DB1) BLOCK(*NO)
     FGCKFL2    IF   E           K DISK    Rename(RGCKF:RGCKF2)
     F                                     INFDS(DB2) BLOCK(*NO)
     FGCKFL3    IF   E           K DISK    Rename(RGCKF:RGCKF3)
     F                                     INFDS(DB3) BLOCK(*NO)
      *  ..................................................
      * Get the record Number, to know which record to update/process:
     D DB1             DS
     D DB1RRN                397    400B 0
     D DB2             DS
     D DB2RRN                397    400B 0
     D DB3             DS
     D DB3RRN                397    400B 0
      *  ..................................................
      * INFDS for database file. FileSize will contain the number
      * of records in the file when the file is opened.
     DINFDS            DS
     D FILESIZE              156    159B 0
Booth Martin
booth@martinvt.com