  • Subject: Re: RPG Cycle
  • From: jsingh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:16:13 -0500

Hi Chris

This is Jaydeep, I completed my  engineering graduation in 97 in Computer ,
later on I took classes for AS/400 with all RPG/400, CL/400 etc. Then I worked
as an instructor for AS/400 for quite good time. I never gave such bad
impression about RPG Cycle, I tried my best to explain them, but i found very
few of them were interested.

When i was student my insructor  also gave the same impression about the RPG
Cycle, better to avoid it.

I learned RPG Cycle by myself by reading the Manuals seeing the examples how it
works. It works great  specially for the Reports Programs, where again you need
to process all the Records.

It helps a lot in case of Level Breaks, Matching records. Operating system
itself is taking care of lot of things. At the same time without RPG CYCLE, you
have to write your own logic to do the same thing, which is not always good. you
can avoid lot of extra codings.

I love to do the things for which most of the people are afraid to do so.

Good luck
Jaydeep