Gade, why not explain a bit more about why you wish to hold off till
evening before doing your reports, etc?  The advantages of the trigger are
so great, especially when you are talking of all these applications
accessing the data base.  There is a bit of a performance hit, maybe, but
just think of all the code you never need to write or test once you have
your trigger executing well.  The upsides to the trigger seem pretty
compelling to me.

Booth Martin
boothm@earth.goddard.edu
http://www.spy.net/~booth