  • Subject: Re: RPG Code on the NET
  • From: "Scott Klement" <infosys@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 24 Sep 1999 09:57:59 -0500

Hi Frank,
     I wasn't aware that you had put up a page where you placed free
software, and others could contribute?

I'd like to contribute stuff to this type of a situation, my problem
is that I need to get the question of ownership and legality taken
care of with my employer, first.

I guess I think free software is great.  Its a new and alien concept
to most of the AS/400 world, but since I also like to play around
with open source systems (I use FreeBSD, which is like Linux, except
that its not as mainstream) I've found it to be very valuable, and
would love to see it happen on an AS/400.

However, I think IBM's policies that make it nearly impossible for
people have AS/400's in their home make it difficult for this type
of thing to happen -- and therefore, eventually things like FreeBSD
and Linux will eventually replace the AS/400...  They can already
support all of the same types of functions, its free and theres
lots of free software...  And people can have them in their homes
and get good at it...   makes ya think, doesn't it?

Anyway, whats the url of this page of yours?