     It seems to me that this is a major (and tragic) difference between
     RPG and other development platforms:  There doesn't seem to be a forum
     or marketplace for third-party library functions.

     If you look at the number of ActiveX controls, free and commercial, to
     which a VB developer has access, or the range of class libraries
     available to Java programmers, it is a source of bewilderment to me
     that there is no such repository for ILE.

     If we sit here and wait for IBM to enhance the compiler with Excel
     functionality (and believe me, we'll be left waiting), the development
     of the language, and by extension the whole platform, is retarded.  On
     the other hand, the language can be extended with great ease and
     comparable performance by simply writing library functions in a
     service program - why doesn't somebody do this?  Apart from anything
     else, it could be a nice earner...

     Paul Cunnane
     The Learning Company

     P.S. I missed the whole CF-spec discussion - could someone mail me a
     digest?