  • Subject: Re: imbedded CL in RPG
  • From: "Eric N. Wilson" <doulos1@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:37:48 -0700

The preferred method would be to call the QWCRTVCA API which is detailed in
the work management apis book.

Of course if you are looking for a way to handle calling Any command via
QcmdExec with parameters flying around as reference I think you would not be
pleased as QcmdExec requires a string (that is key here) therefore you can
not pass pointers to your variables. Otherwise the only way I know of of
doing what you want is pretty bad. One clearly painful way of doing that
would be to find the command processing program for the command, then figure
out what the real order and type of the parameters (quite painful indeed). I
had to do this on a number of occassions (one being getting the users
password and slamming password changes to a second machine so that our Mimix
environment would keep in sync back in the V2R3 days).

It would be nice if RPG/V had an interface to the command prompter/interface
internally :-) Hint Hint nudge nudge

Thanks
Eric
Eric N. Wilson