  • Subject: Re: Yeh! what happened to the Watch Variable anyway?
  • From: "David Morris" <dmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:23:29 -0600

Carol & Joe,

You might want to check out the debugger that comes with CODE/400.
It will allow you to watch a variable.  It also doesn't interfere with the
running
of the application.  Even better is that you can store snapshots of a
variable to compare to the variable's current value.   There are lots of
other neat things.  The main drawback is that it doesn't run quite as fast, but
for a tough problem it is real nice.

David Morris

>>> Carol Bastien <cabastien@home.com> 06/14/99 08:21PM >>>

I'm with Joe on this one.  Most often when using debug I'm interested the just
a couple of variables.  In ISDB I could select the ones I wanted and then watch
them at the top of the source listing as I stepped through the program.  Now
with ILE RPG I feel like I'm back in the 'Dark Ages' like the pre ISDB
debugger, and I have to request the display of each of the variables at each
step.  Really irritating and slow.  Does anyone know or has anyone figured out
how to get the same visibility in our new, but definately not improved
debugger?
- Carol Bastien